September 11th, 2018
Rain or Shine, You Should Surely Find:
- Bees by the Bay, who will be in the house with all your favorite bee-made Kids do love the honey sticks and all the different flavors! There are so many unique products at their booth, you seriously just have to check it out!
Belvedere Farm will have plenty of their gorgeous sunflowers, dahlias and zinnias; they also have a variety of premade bouquets! You can also be a prince/princess for a day with one of their beautiful $8 handmade flower crowns featured this week. They also make great gift ideas for your wife, husband, teacher, daughter, son, best friend, child or special someone!
- Calvert’s Gift Farm will have lots of Peppers: Jimmy Nardello, Carmen, Oranos, Shishito, Jalapeño peppers and more. Also check out their sweet corn, cucumbers, Extravaganza of Green Beans, plethora of tomatoes and decadent local garlic: they even turn the latter into art!
- Fresh Bites Snow Dome has the best all-natural hand-made snow treats and fixin’s! You’ll just have to stop by her stand to see what flavors she’s serving up. Now that fall is approaching, we’re excited to see what she comes up with next!
- Glenville Hollow will have a week or so more of sweet corn, watermelon, 4th of July tomatoes and golden romas, but a bunch of great sweet & hot peppers and sweet onions!
- Check out In Kerry’s Kitchen today for her fresh local Creamy Potato Soup, Summer Vegetable and Potato Soup, Cantaloupe Soup with Coconut Cream, and Watermelon and Peach Gazpacho as well as assorted cheese dips!
- Kate at Kite Hill is featuring these specials on her delicious meats:
Pork Sausage – $6/lb Lamb Shanks – $9/lb
Sirloin Steak – $10/lb Beef Cubes – $5/lb
even though Labor Day is over, those grills are begging to be used!
- Max’s Degrees will have a few of their new Smoked Serrano Salt & Pepper (featuring Three Springs Farm peppers) …you just have to try it, it’s intense! Also, two new Simple Syrups are on the table, one with Triple-Mint and the other sugar-free (made with Aronia and Honey!)
- One Straw Farm is going strong with plenty of their outstanding staples: tomatoes, corn, peppers, greens, meats, popcorn, eggplant, and morel! Get there early to grab your weekly CSA and/or see what’s new from the farm and ask them what’s coming up soon!
- You simply must stop by Rare Opportunity Bakehouse’s booth this week for her Fig Walnut Scone, muffins, Spinach/Artichoke quiche, handpies, Bacon Cheddar Quiche, and so much more! Don’t forget to pre-order and ask about her Vegan and Gluten-Free options.
- Maryland’s First and Only Sheep Dairy, Shepherds Manor Creamery, will have all their signature cheeses and soaps on hand. They should also have on hand some of their new limited cheese….soft ripen style Camembert! They love to sample, don’t be shy!
- Three Springs Fruit Farm will have an abundance of all the fruits and all the vegetables in all the colors and all the sizes! It’s been a challenging season but they’re about to rush headlong into apple season but not before finishing up some of their other favorite crops; tomatoes, peppers, peaches, nectarines, pears… it’s kind of crazy but oh so delicious!
In case you didn’t know…
- You can request to be added to our weekly mailing list; we’ve nearly reached 400! You can unsubscribe at any time.
- As always you can share us on Instagram and Facebook; we love photos!!
- If you wish to thank someone for a kind gesture you can give the gift of market tokens. Fill a handcrafted carrot shaped refrigerator magnet with as many tokens as you would like to gift.
- We recycle egg cartons, pulp baskets, wine, cider and simple syrup bottles, as well as containers from soups and dips.
- Don’t have cash? We’ve got you covered, we accept debit cards in exchange for as many market tokens as you need!
You can visit us weekly behind the Shops at Kenilworth
800 Kenilworth Drive, Towson, MD 21204
Tuesdays, 3:30 to 6:30 pm
May through November
Beau Z. Johnson
Kenilworth Farmers Market
Facebook: Kenilworth Farmers Market