May 22nd, 2018
Well, we had two nice days at least; and, although, the forecast is calling for a possibly rainy 72° for the duration of the Market, you won’t need your umbrella “Down Under”! So, come out and enjoy what springtime has provided your local farmers and vendors to bring to the Market:
- Look for the Carrot that points the way to the Market; don’t be shy, wave back!
- Bees by the Bay will have their locally produced honey and honey products.
- Grab a gorgeous bouquet or bunch from Belvedere Farm.
- Calvert’s Gift Farm will have plenty of lettuce and other spring greens, garlic scallions, radishes and loads of tomato and pepper plants.
- Finicky Fungi will surely have enough varieties of mushrooms for your grill, salad, side dish, or to just pop in your mouth!
- Glenville Hollow will have lots of great asparagus (Get there early!), spinach, kale, watercress, onions, popcorn, black walnuts, pecans, jelly and a selection of herbs and patio tomato plants.
- Keep an eye out for the delish Kerry Dunnington has cooked up in her kitchen this week and ask her about the mailing list if you are not already on it.
- Kate at Kite Hill will have those fresh eggs you need and her local meats.
- Max’s Degrees is featuring their Purple Pepper Eater & Smoking Bonney, both made with One Straw Farm peppers, and two amazing Strawberry Simple Syrups!
- One Straw Farm will hopefully be back with plenty of leeks, spring onion, chard, spinach, Keep Well products, pork, eggs, chicken, and their own jellies/jams.
- Stop by Rare Opportunity Bakehouse for a hand pie, scone, or sweet treat; she has something different every week.
- Maryland’s First and Only Sheep Dairy, Shepherds Manor Creamery, will have all their signature cheeses and soaps on hand; be sure to sample the former.
- Right now you can grab your Apple Butter/Sauce/Schnitz, Canned Peaches, Fruit juices, pre-picked apples, as well as asparagus, rhubarb, green garlic and more from Three Springs Fruit Farm.
- Always share us on Instagram and Facebook; we love photos!!
See you Tuesday afternoon!
Shop local/sustain the environment – help reduce carbon footprint, diminish waste,
minimize travel miles, support the local economy and keep jobs in Maryland!
Follow us on Facebook and Instagram: @kenilworthmarket
Get healthy and eat whole food!