August 14th, 2018
Follow the Signs to the Market Down Under and you will find:
- A Fire Truck awaiting kids of all ages to explore and experience the thrill of firefighting; photos and shares are encouraged!
- Bees by the Bay is back this week with all your favorite bee-made
- Belvedere Farm will have plenty of sunflowers, dahlias and zinnias; they also have a variety of premade bouquets!
- Calvert’s Gift Farm will have lots of Peppers: Jimmy Nardello (an heirloom sweet Italian frying pepper), Carmen (a large red sweet), Oranos (a beautiful orange sweet), Shishito (some are hot and some are not!), Jalapeño peppers and more. Tomatoes are also at their peak…How about some fresh salsa? Also check out their sweet corn and garlic!
- Fresh Bites Snow Dome will have the best all-natural hand-made snow treats and fixin’s! You’ll have to stop by her stand to see what flavors she’s serving up this week.
- Funky Fungi will, unfortunately, no longer be joining us at the market this season. We will certainly miss their unique mushrooms and jerky!
- Glenville Hollow will have a great selection of summer squash, onions, yellow/green beans, kohlrabi, new potatoes, Green and Candle Fire Okra, cucumbers and more. Cindy also specializes in eggplant, so check out the half dozen or so varieties she’ll have this week!
- In Kerry’s Kitchen feature soups will be tomato gazpacho, creamy cold cucumber,peach and watermelon gazpacho and cream of tomato basil. Plenty of horseradish dip and herb cheese dip will also be on hand.
- Be sure to talk to Kate at Kite Hill, she has weekly specials on her variety of fresh meats; perfect for kabobs, casseroles, or straight on the grates! Rumor has it she has amazing eggs, too.
- Max’s Degrees will be featuring their newest pepper blend: Blistered Shishito Salt. Inspired by the popular restaurant fare, they slow-roasted Three Springs Fruit Farm shishito peppers with Mediterranean sea salt for a bold yet not spicy addition to your summer veggies, meats, fish, and more!
- One Straw Farm is going strong with plenty of their staples plus tomatoes, corn, and eggplant as well! Get there early to grab your weekly CSA and/or see what’s new from the farm: so many greens, tomatoes, peppers, root veggies and beyond!
- You simply must stop by Rare Opportunity Bakehouse’s booth for their weekly scone, muffin, quiche, and handpie flavors, and so much more!
- Maryland’s First and Only Sheep Dairy, Shepherds Manor Creamery, will have all their signature cheeses and soaps on hand. There is a rumor that their Cocoa Tomae will be appearing this week or next, stop by later to see if it’s true!
- Three Springs Fruit Farm will have an abundance of peppers, sweet to hot!, cauliflower, broccoli, greens, berries, chard and a medley of orchard fruits: white/yellow peaches, donut peaches, Methley plums, early golden plums, apples galore and apricots! Did you know they offer Online Ordering? Check out their bulk produce, value-added items, and branded merchandise!
In case you didn’t know…
- You can request to be added to our weekly mailing list; we’ve nearly reached 300!
- As, always you can share us on Instagram and Facebook; we love photos!!
- If you wish to thank someone for a kind gesture you can give the gift of market tokens. Fill a handcrafted carrot shaped refrigerator magnet with as many tokens as you would like to gift.
- We recycle egg cartons, pulp baskets, wine, cider and simple syrup bottles, as well as containers from soups and dips.
- Don’t have cash? We’ve got you covered, we accept debit cards in exchange for as many market tokens as you need!